Sentinel Power Green
Sentinel Power Green is the ideal solution for protecting IT systems, telecommunications equipment and mission critical systems such as safety devices, ensuring maximum power reliability. Sentinel Power Green is designed and built using state-of-the-art technology and components to provide maximum protection to the powered loads with no impact on downstream systems and optimised energy savings. The series includes 6 kVA single/singlephase and 8-20 kVA single/single-phase and three/single-phase models with online double conversion technology (VFI): the load is powered continuously by the inverter which supplies a sinusoidal voltage, filtered and stabilised in terms of form and frequency. Input and output filters provide significant further immunity from mains disturbances and lightning strikes. In terms of technology and performance, Sentinel Power Green is one of the best UPS available on the market today: selectable Economy Mode and Smart Active Mode functions; custom diagnostics LCD display, RS232 and USB interfaces with Powershield3 software, ESD input, interface slot with optional boards.
High UPS reliability
- Total microprocessor control
- Interruption-free static and manual bypass.
- Specifications guaranteed up to 40 °C (the components are designed to work at high temperatures and thus are subject to less stress at normal temperatures).
Parallel configuration of 3 units for (N+1) redundant or power parallel system. The UPS continue to operate in parallel even if the connection cable is interrupted (Closed Loop).
Operating mode selection
The operating mode can be programmed via software or manually via the front display panel.
- On line double conversion Mode: for critical applications.
- Economy Mode: to increase efficiency (up to to 98%), allows for the selection of Line Interactive technology (VI) to power low priority loads from the mains supply
- Smart Active: the UPS automatically decides upon the operating mode (VI or VFI ) based on the quality of the mains power supply
- Emergency, the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails (emergency only mode)
- Frequency converter operation (50 or 60 Hz).
High quality output voltage
- Even with non-linear loads (IT loads with a crest factor of up to 3:1).
- High short circuit current on bypass.
- High overload capacity: 150% by inverter (even with mains failure).
- Filtered, stabilised and reliable voltage (double conversion on-line technology (VFI compliant with EN 62040-3)), with filters for the suppression of atmospheric disturbances.
- UPS input power factor close to 1 and sinusoidal current uptake.
- UPS can be installed on a single-phase or three-phase distribution network
- Output terminal board + 2 IEC sockets for powering local consumers (computers, modems, etc.)
- Simplified positioning (built-in castors).
High battery reliability
- Automatic and manual battery test.
- Proper battery care is critical to ensuring correct UPS operation in emergency conditions. The Riello UPS battery care system consists of a series of features and capabilities to optimise battery management and obtain the best performance and operating life possible.
- Unlimited extendible runtime using matching Battery Boxes
- The batteries do not cut in during mains failures of <40 ms (high hold up time) or when the input supply is between 84V to 276V.
Low impact on the mains
Sinusoidal uptake of input current on single-phase/single-phase series.
- Advanced diagnostics: status, measurements and alarms available on custom LCD display
- Low noise (<40 dBA ): can be installed in any environment thanks to its high frequency switching inverter and PWM load-dependent digitally controlled fan (>20kHz, value above audible range)
- Auto restart (automatic when mains supply is restored, programmable via software or display panel)
- Emergency function: the UPS can be selected to function only when the mains power supply fails (emergency lights)
- Back-feed protection standard: to prevent energy from being fed back to the network.
- UPS digital updating (flash upgradeable)