The MSLC-2 provides phase matching or slip frequency synchronization, with voltage matching, across a utility or intertie breaker. The MSLC-2/DSLC-2 combination can handle multiple utility connections with a maximum of 8 bus segments in one application.
- One MSLC-2 can provide master control for up to 32 DSLC and an additional 15 MSLC-2 in a system.
- Two dedicated Ethernet lines for precise system communications between all DSLC-2’s and MSLC-2’s on the system.
- Ethernet Modbus TCP for remote control and monitoring by PLC or DCS system.
- Redundant Ethernet communications for enhanced reliability.
- Master MSLC-2 redundancy, loss of communications with the designated MSLC-2 master initiates control hand off to the next designated MSLC-2 master.
- The MSLC-2 hardware is adjustable for multiple applications.
- Slip frequency or voltage phase matching synchronizing fully selectable with dead bus option in both directions provide full flexibility for intertie and main-tie-main applications.
- Having functions integrated into one box eliminates the need for redundant sensors (like PTs, CTs, and MOPs) that connect to individual modules such as the load sensor and synchronizer.
- Digital signal processing makes the MSLC-2 resistant to power line distortions and harmonics.
- Three-phase true RMS power sensing provides accurate readings even with unbalanced phase loading and voltage fluctuations.
- Export/import control over multiple utility MSLC-2’s in same segment.
- The Woodward ToolKit™ software allows flexible setup using the same basic menu tree as the original MSLC plus an overview screen. No hand held programmer is required. Graphical overview of generators and bus bar parameters with trending makes the MSLC-2 commissioning friendly.
- The Toolkit can be accessed either via one of the Ethernet ports or via RS-232 port.
- Phase angle compensation provides adjustment for additional deviation correction across a transformer.
- The system update feature allows for system reconfiguration.
- Applications for up to 32 generators with 16 mains/tie breakers
- Configurable for mains and tie breaker applications
- Complex applications with up to 8 bus segments
- Automatic segment recognition
- Redundant load and VAR sharing over Ether-net
- The “system update” feature allows for remov-ing or adding generator sets in the system
- PLC and DCS compatible via Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP
- Automatic plant loading and unloading for bump less load transfer to and from the utility
- Controls plant wide import/export levels against the utility
- Overall plant Power Factor control
- Ethernet or RS-232 port for configuration of device using Woodward ToolKit software
- UL/cUL & CE Listed
12/24 Vdc (8 to 40 Vdc)
max. 15 W
|Ambient temperature (operation)||
-40°C to 70°C / -40 to 158°F
|Ambient temperature (storage)||
-40°C to 85°C / -40 to 185°F
|Measurable alternator windings||
3p-3w, 3p-4w, 3p-4w OD
50/60 Hz (40 to 85 Hz)
|Max. power consumption per path||
< 0.15 W
1 to 32,000 A
|Power Setting Range||
0.5 to 999,999.9 MW/kvar
12/24 Vdc (8 to 40 Vdc)
approx. 20 kOhms
galvanically isolated / potential free
|Insulation voltage (continuously||
|Insulation test voltage (1s)||
250 × 227 × 84 mm (9.84 × 9.00 × 3.30 in)
screw/plug terminals 2.5 mm²
approx. 1,900 g (4.2 lbs.)
|Disturbance test (CE)||
tested according to applicable EN guidelines
UL, cUL, GOST-R, CSA
LR (Type Approval), ABS (Type Approval)